An evidence-based treatment approach
Mater Clinic Physiotherapy North Sydney is located on the ground floor of the Mater Clinic on Gillies St in Wollstonecraft (next to the Mater Hospital).
Our clinic is open Monday to Friday from 7am until 7pm, Saturday 7.30am until 12.30pm and no referral is necessary.
As physiotherapists who work closely with orthopaedic surgeons and sports physicians in an orthopaedic clinic, we specialise in orthopaedic rehabilitation and management and sports injuries.
We have a close working relationship with the orthopaedic surgeons and specialists who work within the Mater Clinic. We pride ourselves on the level of service we provide, the quality of manual and exercise treatment options we offer and our evidence-based treatment approach.
We provide an on-site casting, booting and bracing service. We also provide underarm and forearm crutches for purchase.
We make use of the HICAPS system for automatic processing through your private health fund payment. We also welcome third party cases including Department of Defence, Medicare EPC, Workers Compensation, Department of Veterans Affairs and CTP (motor vehicle accident) cases.
We have a number of highly experienced Physiotherapists to assist you with any musculoskeletal or neurological issues you may have. We provide assessment and treatment for patients of all ages and all sporting backgrounds and are committed to ensuring you receive the most effective care for your body.
We pride ourselves on our patient centred, evidence based, multidisciplinary approach to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
Our therapists maintain the highest levels of ethical and professional standards, many of whom have completed post graduate training to become titled Sports Physiotherapists
Our practice specialises in the assessment and management of:
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Sports injuries
- Muscle and joint pain
- Strapping, taping and Orthotic provision
- Overuse injuries
- Bio-mechanical assessment
- Treatment for Headaches, Neck & Back pain, both acute & chronic
- Work Conditioning programs
- Ergonomic and postural assessment and treatment
- Core stability and strengthening programs (including Real Time Ultrasound and Pilates)
- Assessment & treatment of sports, general and work related injuries using evidence based practices
- Graduated exercise based rehabilitation aimed at successful return to sport & work
- Sale, education & fitting of braces, boots, slings, crutches & other orthopaedic devices
- Full casting service – application & removal of waterproof casts
- Physio based Pilates
- Dry needling